Friday, December 11, 2009

Would bright red lipstick work? (pics)?

I've heard that bright red lipstick looks great on people with pale skin. Well, I sure do have some white skin so... I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my makeup though? I only wear eyeshadow, mascara and liner, I don't usually do foundation as I have sensitive skin.


Here is a semi recent pic of me, my eyebrows are terrible, don't joke!!


http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Gui鈥?/a>





If you think I could pull it off, what brand and color do you recommend? (actual color name, that is)Would bright red lipstick work? (pics)?
I'm much more pale than you and I wear various shades of red lipstick all the time. For a bright red, try Cherries in the Snow by Revlon. It looks good on the super-pale, sour cream colored types such as myself. I wear that when I'm off work or I have a date. For everyday wear at work in a ';straight red'; as I call it, Avon makes one called ';Crimson'; that I think almost anyone could get away with wearing and look great. For job interviews or other occasions where you want to tone it down a bit, go for more of a wine or cinnamon shade. Right now I'm hooked on Max Factor's ';Wine Shimmer'; (#430) for the more toned-down occasions.





If you only want to use one red lipstick all the time, I'd definitely go for the Avon shade ';Crimson';. Otherwise, buy a few different shades and swap them out depending on what else you're wearing (I wear a lot of black, so the reds look very dramatic with that and the pale skin I got going on) and the situation.





EDIT: Forgot to mention - If you have an Ulta store near you, buy your lipsticks there. If a shade doesn't work for you, you can return it. You can return just about anything at Ulta if you don't like it. It took me nearly a month to realize I was allergic to my new facial foam cleaner and they took it back even though the bottle was nearly empty by then. Just a handy thing to know when you're trying new shades...Would bright red lipstick work? (pics)?
It might work, but I suggest putting on another layer of clear lipgloss(just a little) and smudge it a little bit around the corners to make your lips look a bit more plump(your lips are relatively thin). And the best brand for bright red lipsticks I've came across would be Shu Uemura, their lipsticks won't settle into the wrinkles on your lip.
Your skin tone, eye color and hair color would allow you to do a red lip. You're going to have to apply a foundation as an uneven complexion never goes well with a red lip. Estee Lauder carries a great rich red lip gloss called ';Cranberry';. I would do a winged liquid eyeliner as well with a shimmery nude shadow and wear your hair up and out of your face. Hope I helped!
whered you hear that? you can pull it off if you have skin like say, hayley williams from paramore, she does good with red. but not a lot of people can.





mine please!! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
the color depends on your skin tone maybe you could pull it off its hard to say
i think you could don't do deep but a medium bright color would look great on you
you dont got the lips for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
triumph