Friday, December 4, 2009

Is it rude to reapply lipstick in public after dining? all the old movie stars did it.?

no,it's not rude...I think men find it sexy. I don't wear lipstick, but gloss...I always reapply.





if you were on a date w/a new guy - you might say, ';do you mind if I reapply my lipstick?';





and he might say, ';No, may I watch?';Is it rude to reapply lipstick in public after dining? all the old movie stars did it.?
No I dont think that it is rude at all. But it depends on what kind of restaurant you are in %26amp; I usually go the the restroom to touch up on my makeup after dinner. But you can do whatever you want! I hope this helps :)Is it rude to reapply lipstick in public after dining? all the old movie stars did it.?
I think it's kind of tacky, that's what a ladies room is for.
If you go by etiquette, then yes, you should go to the restroom to reapply. If you go by the fact that some guys find it sexy...depending on how you put it on, then no...go ahead and apply...just don't make weird faces while you do it! Me, I'll excuse myself and go to the restroom. I'm not putting mascara and blush on at the table...there's really no difference. You want your breath fresh too...you gonna brush your teeth at the table?
ive never seen it as rude,but if someone mentioned that to you.. then just dont do it infront of them..or be excused to the rest room :)
are you an old movie star?
I think it is. I feel that if someone puts on lipstick at the table is so rude! Go to the restroom to apply touch ups.
If Rudy Guiliana can do it anyone should be able to do it!
It's not that rude I mean I do it and just don't do it if someone is talking
yes
Never put on your face in public. Just excuse yourself to the restroom.
I would only apply lipstick at the table if I were on a date and I wanted to be overtly sexual, i:e I want to get it on!





Saying that, I wouldn't pull out a crappy old lipstick, I'd pull out an expensive lipstick with fabulous packaging, very old movie star style. I think guys are intrigued by make-up and he wouldn't have any problem with you doing that.





However, if in any other company ie: not wanting to make a sexual thing out of it, I would excuse myself and visit the ladies room and do the touching up in there. Not appropriate in all circumstances except the above.
Yes it is rude to reapply lipstick in public. You should go into the bathroom after you eat and put it on in there. Old movie stars may have done it, but you are not an old movie star. If we all behaved like old movie stars the world would be quite different. Don't base your etiquette rules off of movies.
no..i do it..
Just because the old-time movie stars did it, doesn't make it less inappropriate. Excuse yourself, go to the powder room and reapply your lipstick/repair your make-up.
yes,


if you absolutely need it. Then go to the bathroom and do it.
Ok, so I don't think it is rude but I was taught to do all grooming in the restroom. You decide what works best for you ;0)
only in the bathroom
Its not rude to be concerned about your appearance.
no.use a compact mirror if you are dining or go into the ladies room and reapply.
According to miss manners: It is appropriate for a woman to excuse herself and apply lipstick in a private area such as a restroom.
I suppose, if you can whip out lipstick after a public meal, us guys could bring along our battery powered electric shavers and touch up that five-o'clock shadow...


Or, we could both go do it in the rest room; just so we won't offend anyone.


I think it depends on how classy the joint is. If it's a really high class eatery, like a five star hotel restaurant, you should consider using the powder room. At a McDonalds or other fast food joint, I don't think it will make an difference at all.
Why would it be rude? I don't think it's rude. If you think it is, go to the restroom and reapply.
not at all considering that these days people pee on the street
do what you like, who cares?
I don't think it is rude, although I always excuse myself to the bathroom just because I don't want people staring at me when I am putting on lipstick.
No but id rather go in the bathroom to freshen up.
NO, that was back in the days...who cares
no i don't think that its rude... you have to make sure that you stay lookin so fresh and so clean
no. its no longer taboo these days
Well it might look weird to some.


But I dont think its a problem


I mean if you feel weird about doing it infront of people, you could always excuse yourself to go to the bathroom and put it on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
triumph