Friday, December 11, 2009

What is the best red lip gloss or lipstick for a goth look? (pics)?

Hi everyone! ^_^


I am looking for some makeup recommendations, that would match my skintone, hair, and style. Makeup wise I'm only looking for eyeshadow and lip gloss /stick recommendations.


Here are my pics:


http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee124鈥?/a>


http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee124鈥?/a>


http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee124鈥?/a>What is the best red lip gloss or lipstick for a goth look? (pics)?
For your eyes, I'd recommend MAC eyeshadow in Carbon, Vellum, and Urban Decay's 'Oil Slick' black.





Do the lower third of your lid in Carbon (ONLY up TO the crease), put a thin line of Oil Slick in the crease, and blend those two together well. You don't want any harsh lines with this. Use Vellum on your browbone, and then with a clean brush, apply Vellum over the black, also. Vellum has a color-shift quality to it, going from white to purple. You will definitely need a good mascara--MAC's Dazzle Lash in Black Dazzle is a good one.





For your lips, I'd suggest either going with a stained look (MAC See-Through Lip Color in Rose De Sheer gives a nice, berry-stained look) or put a berry/plum sheer gloss on, and then use a lip brush to apply a small amount of black lipstick over top of that.





For red lipstick, I'd recommend a cherry red or true red for you. No tomato or orange-y reds, though. Reds look great when blended with a bit of black; I also like to mix pink and black. Women always stop me and ask what lipcolor I'm wearing, and they are shocked when I mention black! YSL has just come out with a black gloss, but I always buy mine at Halloween (usually six tubes at a time lol)





You can do endless combinations of colors--for instance, for my wedding I used the red side of MAC's 'Milady' palette, Flammable Paint, and black eyeshadow to create a red-and-black look. I finished it off with red lipstick with red glitter gloss on top of that. You can even use brights (on a goth? shocking!)--yellow fading to orange to red; on the lower third of your eyelid, and use a nude lipstick with a bit of orange or yellow blended out from the center of your lower lip. Just try to keep the color family together on lips and eyes; blues are good with violets and black but not with reds or oranges.





There is a girl on YouTube who does the BEST makeup tutorials--her name is xsparkage. You will love this one:





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro0XuRV33鈥?/a>





She has mad red hair and uses every color you can imagine. Go check her out!What is the best red lip gloss or lipstick for a goth look? (pics)?
I thought I was the only goth here.





I think the stuff you have on your lips looks nice! If you really want a nice, blood red lipstick, I'd get a Red Lipgloss from MAC. They last a long time. Something like a blood red rose would be nice for you. Not too dark. Just take one with you when you go out to buy one. That's pretty goth.





Eyeshadow, MAC again. The black is awesome as well as Bloody Mary's eyeshadow (they are hard to find in store, but I order them online). the black is abyssimal!
A darker color on the eye lid and a maroon or darker lip stick. Mac or Bobbi brown. ether one. other then that you look great.
mac

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
triumph