Friday, December 4, 2009

Do you think it's ok for a 11 year old to wear lipstick when going out?

I went to a family party the other day and my 11 (nearly 12) year old neice was wearing bright red lipstick.


I thought she was too young to wear make-up.


She wears bright red nail polish too(I think that may be ok)


but she looked a lot older than 11!


What do you think?


She is also allowed to use lots of styling mousse and gel in her hair to make it very full.


I was concerned as she was sexually abused as a very young girl.


Didn't say anything to h er mother (as probably none of my business)


just concerned as an auntie.


thanksDo you think it's ok for a 11 year old to wear lipstick when going out?
I think she is a little young to be dolled up like that. Some glittery lip gloss would be more age-appropriate.Do you think it's ok for a 11 year old to wear lipstick when going out?
as the years go by.. i have noticed that kids grow faster and faster .. i don't think its bad t year lipstick and nail polish but the flashy red is t much...not that its bad for her but people might make fun of her and her parents saying that she is to young for all this...something you can to do is buy her a light colored lip gloss....maybe she will like it better...
A little young for my taste. The purpose of make up is to accentuate the sexual attraction of females is it not? lipstick to accentuate the lips, blush to simulate blood to the face during sexual arrousal. My whole opinion is that kids should be kids. Also why give something for the pervs to get excited over. Heaven's knows there are enough of them out there oogling over young girls, I would feel like my kid had a big red bullseye on them all painted up.





Me and my wife are due for a baby after the first of the year, and there is no way if it is a little girl that I will let her wear make up at eleven. Heck she will probably be lucky if I let her talk to boys before she is 18 LOL.
im 15 now and the only time i have ever left the house with lipstick on was to go to my dance recitals. the nail polish is ok but at 11 why would she need to be wearing lipstick? does she have a date or something...date (which she shouldnt be doing either) or not she shouldnt be wearing lipstick unless its for something like a dance recital where lipstick is sorta a necessity. if shes trying to feel pretty theres so many other things she can do thats age appropriate. like instead of lipstick she can use lip gloss.
ok, i have been wearin makeup since i was 8. who cares. do not buy her sutesy lipgloss cuz she is 11 years old and whether adults want to believe it or not she is mature.
no....lip stick was not made for 11 y.o. give her some lip gloss
nope its not ok. its rushing the whole growing up thing.
I believe that your niece wants to grow up early as all of us in her age! But dont let her do that! When you are a kid you have to enjoy this age and try to and do the appropriate activities(playing with your friends, spent time with family, go to school and enjoy every minute of your free time...)! When your niece will grow up she will have all the time to wear make up, lipstick and whatever she wants! Tell her to enjoy her early childhood!
No, I think she's too young for makeup like that.
nail polish is obviously ok, hair products are ok if not taken to the extreme but she shouldnt be wearing lipstick lip gloss and lip balm would be better for her age
i dont think she should. if i were u, for a gift get her a bunch of cute lipglosses
I personally am 11, and i wear makeup. Mostly me and my freinds do because it is fun, and makes us feel more mature. At this age, young girls go through some fisical changes, and emotionally, we feel that we are treated like babys, and wearing makeup is a way to show we are growing up, give us some space. I dont think it is anything to worry about
She shouldn't wear make up at such a young age. But nail polish, whats wrong with that?! Also theres nothing wrong with using styling gel or mousse??? As long as it doesn't look sloppy and gross.
An 11 year old should not be wearing bright red lipstick. I'm not a fan of red nail polish either. Maybe take her to a Mac store for auntie/neice makeovers on Saturday and direct her down the right path with the makeup.
When I was 11, I could wear brown mascara, pink or brown lipstick, and if I could talk my mother into it, some pink eyeshadow.





I think that wearing red lipstick is to be sexy, and even the big hair is a very sexy thing to do. But when you're 11, you should be looking cute, not sexy. She should look beautiful, but not sexy. So it isn't great that she is trying to be so sexy and frankly, it's not that healthy that her mother allows her to look that way.





I think that maybe you should have a sleep over with her. Bond with her and spend some time with her. Take her shopping and buy her a cute outfit and some make-up and do her make up that would fit to her age. Tell her how wonderful she is, and how beautiful she is. Children who have been sexually abused are very hurt and tend to feel like they are just something sexual and nothing important. They need to be reminded that they're beautiful, and they don't have to be sexy. Let her know that she doesn't need this stuff, tell her you love her the way she is.





If she just has a good time being 11, she just might feel a bit more comfortable with herself. Because in my opinion, that's why she's doing this. She's uncomfortable with who she is and most likely, feels worthless. But she isn't, and it's important to let her know that she's loved and she means something to someone.
YEAH ,WHY NOT
I think lipgloss Is better for your age besides lip gloss looks much better anyways :]
lipstick=nooooo


lip gloss=go rite ahead


lipstick doesnt even look good on little ppl like me
No it's not ok. I won't let my 7 year old sister wear any type of makeup or fingernail polish as that is too young and I don't want her sending a message to boys to come do something bad with her.
red lipstick no, i would suggest lip gloss for her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
triumph