Friday, December 11, 2009

Is fifteen years old too young to wear lipstick?!?

What about lipgloss?? My step daughter wants to wear this,but ithink that it will draw too much attention to her lips...please help!Is fifteen years old too young to wear lipstick?!?
i think that if it is a very light color and she doesn't wear to much *thick then it should be fine she is getting older now and you can't shelter her all her life let her experience and she will wear it anyway without your permission so give her the feeling that she is doing it because you are allowing it not because she is being rebellious and going against your will get a couple light shades and let her know that you dont expect to see it caked on or it will be removed to the garbageIs fifteen years old too young to wear lipstick?!?
I'm 21 now and I'm looking back at my teen years, I wore lipstick at age 15. I wore burgundy lipstick and I got asked out a few times and I was noticed more. It wasn't a bad thing though. It didn't cause me to engage in sexual activities. I didn't lose my virginity until 2 years later, and not because of lipstick lol. I still wear the burgundy but only if I go to some place important. The pink lipgloss brings out natural beauty so ask her if she'd like to try that. Even the color ';nude'; (a very light almost natural color) is very popular these days. If not, well, let her wear the lipstick. She is after all in her mid teens and still experiencing life.
i dont think its 2 young..i was wearing makeup at that age..but not a lot...lip gloss is barly anything and i think that it would be fine if its a really light sheer colour or even the clear lipgloss that you can get..if she wants to wear lipstick just make sure its a real light pink colour..just enough to give her some colour but not enough to stand out :) like no reds or those dakr colours that you see on older people..that obviously would be to much for a 15 year old...but pinks are nice and i think would be appropriate


i hope this helps..and good luck
That's silly... let her wear what she wants. Goodness, it's just some colour/flavour on her lips. It's like not letting her pick out her own clothes. You're being too controlling.


Also, maybe you don't like the look of her lips, but that's her decision. It's like her saying to you, ';I think those earrings are a bit too flashy, you're too old for them. Take them off.';
A lot of girls in my school wear lip gloss, not many wear lipstick. I don't really see it as drawing boys attention to lips, but some people might. I'm 16 i don't really think it would be a terrible idea to wear it. Up to you though, hope a 16 year old boys answer contributed haha.
Not at all. Let your daughter wear what she wants, within reason of course. I think lipstick is fine, and same with lipgloss! But I'm fourteen and I completely prefer chapstick, just cause I have naturally light lips which is a good style for me so. It's just preference.
LipSTICK, like bright and or dark colors are too mature, and more for older people. (20's,30's,40's+) Lipgloss is extremely fine, shes a teenager, obviously she can wear lipgloss :P Dont worry about it!!





:)
i think it all depends.


i mean, wearing bright red lipstick to school isnt really appropriate.


however, i think lipgloss is fine.


not too much, and just a clear one is a good safe bet that wont draw that much attention to her lips.
White lipstick was all the rage when I was that age. But it's a little tacky now, I wouldn't wear it. They have lovely lipglosses now, I don't think you are too young to use a lipgloss and a touch of mascara. I did.
I think 15 is a fine age. I started wearing lipstick at 13! Just don't let her get TOO drastic! Like, no deep pinks, or red, or orange. Go for more of a neutral color. Like light pink, bronze, or brown. Something to match her eyes and hair.


Hope this helped!
i think as long as it's tasteful, like a nice light pink or nude, it's fine. i think really bright reds or dark colors would be a little inappropriate on a 15 year old. but it comes down to what you and her father think about it.
It depends because some people can wear it when they are young and others look really bad w/ it when they are young. Go w/ a light color nothing like red. Just let her try on different color to see what looks best. Hope this helps!
Yes, I was not allowed to where make-up till i turned 18. If anything where the lipglosses that they have everywhere and if u must then where the sheer ones
no , idont think its to young


as long as you wear the right shade, and dont pick dark colours (depending on your skin colour )


*( wearing nude lipstick with a little bit of clear gloss looks super pretty :)
Lip gloss is definitely ok, but 15 is too young to wear lipstick regularly.
Not in my opinon


Im fourteen and i wear a light shade with some lip gloss


My mum doesnt really have to much of a problem with it


hope i helped


xx
that is not too young. Trust me I see girls younger then here wearing bright blue eye shadow. Just tell her to go with a not too flashy shade.
my mom used to put lipstick on me once in a while before school in elementary school.





Now I'm 15, and I feel like I'm too old for lipstick..lol
i don't think it is that bad...... but i wouldn't let her wear something like dark red, something that an adult should wear.
Not sure about Lipstick


but a lot of girls start wearing lipgloss from when they start high school (:
i am 15 and i use lipgloss, i like to use the subtle pink colors
I don't think it's too young. Lipstick can be pretty neutral, depending on the shade.
For lipstick, nah.


But a sheer gloss or pale pink is fine.
Give her lip gloss. That's defiantly fine.
No as long as it's not to bright.
no... Kids my age (13) wear it... But it's really a matter of what the parent thinks
Yes but lip gloss is ok
lip stick is for grandmas unless you have a type of job where u sit in an office if not lip gloss is best
No, I don't think so!
yes,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
triumph